"Customers may forget what you said but they'll never forget how you made them feel."
- It is illegal to sell, trade or pledge for a loan anything that you do not own. (that includes rent-to-own and other financed items)
- All items must be genuine and in working order. Please allow us enough time to test your item when you bring it in.
- You must be 18 years old and have at least one piece of government issued photo ID, or two pieces of government issued non-photo ID to sell, trade or get a loan.
- Your ID will be required to pay on or pick up a loan. If you wish to allow someone else to do so, you must notify us in person and sign a permission form. The other person will also need photo ID.
- You may not use your ID to sell, trade or pawn for a friend or family member.
- All transactions are recorded on video. Customer photos are stored in the account.
- For security reasons, we may need advance notice if you are looking for more than $1000 cash. A private office is available on request.
- A 10% deposit is required to place an item on layaway.
- The default term is 30 days and terms of up to 10 months are available for some items (such as jewellery).
- Payments must be made every 14 or 30 days as determined at the time of the deposit or the layaway may be cancelled.
- If the balance is not paid in full by the agreed upon date, then the layaway may be cancelled.
- If an original layaway is cancelled within 30 days of being made, then all payments (including the deposit) may be returned as store credit.
- If a layaway is cancelled after 30 days, then you lose your 10% deposit. Layaways cancelled on day 60 or later are subject to a $5 storage fee per 30 days. Any additional payments made are returned as store credit.
- A layaway may be cancelled without penalty if an item of 20% greater value is being purchased or put on layaway in its place.
- Items purchased with our layaway plan are non-refundable. (the exception being if the item is returned for store credit within 30 days of the layaway DEPOSIT being made)
- Items purchased on the layaway plan can only be returned if defective. If the defective item is returned within 7 days of being picked up, then the final payment can be returned as the original type (cash, debit, etc). All other payments can only be returned as store credit. Defective items can be returned for full store credit within 30 days of picking up the layaway.
- You are welcome to test the item in store while it is on layaway.
- NEW, un-opened merchandise may be returned within 7 days. Opened or obviously used merchandise will be subject to a 20% re-stocking fee.
- USED merchandise that is defective or otherwise unusable may be returned for a cash refund within 7 days or exchanged within 30 days.
- Computer systems that are being returned without problems will be subject to a system reset charge.
- You must have your ID or original receipt to return an item.
- Return payments must be of the same type as the original sale. (ie: If you paid with Visa, your refund must go back on your Visa)
- Fredericton city bi-laws state that we must record name, age, address and ID type for all buy, trade and pawn transaction.
- All customer transactions are confidential. We will not knowingly release customer information to a 3rd party.
- Customer information will be provided to law enforcement officials with a court order or a serial number matching an item reported stolen.
- All transactions are video recorded. All areas of the store (except washrooms) are covered by video surveillance. Audio may also be recorded in store.
- Customer photos are stored in the point of sale system for buy, trade and loan transactions.
- It is our policy to factory reset all electronic devices before making them available for sale. However, we are human beings and mistakes are possible. Please remove any private data from your device before bringing it in.
- When pawning an electronic device you may be required to remove passwords, screen locks, etc. This is necessary for us to be able to reset the device in the event it defaults and we need to sell it.
- Our staff are instructed not to touch device on pawn and not to allow customers to touch them either. However, it is strongly recommended that you do not leave sensitive, private data on your device when you pawn or sell it.