Every day we help people in need with short terms loans and reduce waste by recycling pre-owned goods back into the marketplace.
Digital World is a locally owned business operating in the Fredericton area since 1994. Evergreen Traders is part of the same company and opened its doors in 2015. We are a company small enough to care about our employees but big enough to provide security and stability.
Imagine coming to work every day to a freshly renovated space where your co-workers are acting professionally but still having fun . You take your station and wonder what kind of products you’ll be dealing with today. The latest electronics and video games? A rare vintage guitar ? You could even be called upon to appraise a diamond ring, or authenticate a Rolex watch. As they say on the “Pawn Stars” TV show, “you never know what’s gonna walk through the door!”
Maybe you don’t know how to appraise a diamond, thoroughly test a laptop, or authenticate a luxury watch. That’s OK, we provide lots of on the job training . We provide self improvement time each week for you to build on your product knowledge and “soft” skills such as leadership and communications. For high performing individuals, we will even pay to enroll you in education courses such as GIA’s “Applied Jewelry Professional” program.
This is not an entry level job, or a good fit for someone looking for their first job. This is for someone who has proven themselves to be a leader at their current or previous position and is looking to take their career to the next level.
Our ideal candidate will have…
- Some education or training beyond high school
- 2 years sales or customer service experience
- Extensive knowledge in one of computers, musical instruments, or jewelry
- High energy level and a positive attitude
- Good verbal, written, and math skills
- Competitive wages, starting at up to 15/hr + commission (based on qualifications)
- Flexible hours. We know you value a good work/life balance and we do too. This is retail, so some nights and weekends are required, but you can have extra hours when you need money and fewer hours when you need down time.
- Paid sick days for senior employees
- A monthly allowance to put towards personal health and wellness programs
- Paid leave for volunteer work
So…still reading this far down? Great! That’s the first step to getting this job. The next click “apply” and tell us why you think you’d make a great addition to our team. Don’t forget to attach a copy of your resume. Hope to meet with you soon!